That's right! "EAT DIRT"!!
...cuz dirt don't hurt... and it doesn't!
No... I'm not crazy. I eat dirt and so should you! This "dirt", Diatomaceous earth (DE), is one of the most plentiful elements on earth; it is the skeletal remains of the microscopic phytoplankton called diatoms that emit silica...a white, dusty powder that looks like white dirt. And I do actually eat it... everyday!
Be aware that Diatomaceous earth is milled in various ways that determines how it is used... very commonly found as a pool cleaner (TOXIC!), in cosmetics, mixed with pesticides, paints, and a few other non-food uses. And I DON'T eat DE processed as any of these. I could get very sick or even die! It is food grade DE that has all the benefits we want and need.
So, I use DE quite a few different ways in my life and BOY what a difference eating dirt has made in my life. Check this out...
Top TEN (10) Ways DE Changed MY Life!
- FACEWASH: I add 1/4 tsp to my face wash. I suffered from severe cystic acne for most of my adult life. Thanks to coconut oil and DE, I am now almost totally free from even the smallest blemishes... No more cystic acne and no more "Sold-On-TV" acne "miracles"!! Save your money and get DE.
- TOOTHPASTE: I used to suffer from sores and ulcers in my mouth every month. A few months ago, I started to brush my teeth with toothpaste dusted with DE. Now, I no longer get any sores AND my teeth are less sensitive (DE and swishing with coconut oil both help with that).
- CLEANSE: I did a detox and cleanse with DE and I felt more energy and even the need to eat less. I am able to absorb the nutrition from my food much better. DE is in the shape of tiny, jagged, cylinders (see photo) and when used in a cleanse, they trap toxins and gunk in our intestines later to be excreted... cleaning our digestive system out and making it more efficient. This means, less calories, more nutrition!
- HAIR: My hair is thicker and stronger. Even my nails are super strong and no longer break so easily.
- SPA DAY: Personal day of pampering with a home made mask made of avocado, DE and purified water... ahhhh! My face was SOOO soft! Do this each week. Tone it with some aloe and moisturize with coconut oil and watch wrinkles begin to fade!!
- *PET CARE: I add 1T to my dogs' food bowls and DE has eliminated parasite infections without medications (HUGE relief on my wallet!), their waste is not as stinky and their fur is softer and silkier.
- *KITTY LITTER: I add it to my cat litter and odors are reduced significantly!
- *CARPET CLEANER: Brush it into spills and pet stains on carpets... odors and stains get pulled out and your carpets will be spotless!! This works unbelievably well!!
- *NON-TOXIC PEST CONTROL: Dusted around my house outside, I haven't seen the ants, spiders and other little pests about that my neighbors complain! Put it in my garage and haven't seen cobwebs come back! (Yeay!)
- *ORGANIC PESTICIDE: Even dusted on the trunks of my fruit trees, DE prevents insects and aphids from pilfering my precious fruit!
I use about 8 -10 ounces of almond or coconut milk. I really like the almond milk because it is creamy, has 40% - 60% less calories of dairy milk, more Vitamin D and much lower in fat! Add about 1 heaping teaspoon of organic, dark cocoa powder (NO SUGAR!), a sprinkle of cinnamon, a sprinkle of Stevia (or 1/2 teaspoon of organic Agave), 1 Tablespoon of MCT oil (see my blog on benefits of MCT) and 1 Tablespoon of Diatomaceous earth... and blend until well mixed and frothy... YUMM! (I add Sun Chlorella A for more benefits and it does not change the flavor at all.)
I get my food grade DE from a fresh water source and I order it online. You can get a 10 pound box for under $25 and free shipping! It lasts a long time and when stored in a dry, cool air-tight container, it can be stored indefinitely. Do your research... AND be sure it is food grade quality!
There are literally HUNDREDS of uses for Diatomaceous earth. If you live on a farm or have livestock, chickens, farm animals, DE should be your best friend. I've got jars labeled for DE use in the kitchen, for the pets, in the bathroom... Yeah... pretty much everywhere!